Yep, it still happens … a lot! A business with no website (*sigh*). We still hear the same lame excuses for not having one. It could make one weary if you let it. It’s the old adage, “You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.” Amen! Alas, our mentality is simply to say, “Next …” and move on down the line because there’s no good reason not to have a website in today’s market. Guess, they’re just waiting to hear from us to make the leap.
If you’re a small business owner and still haven’t made the jump, here are several things to keep in mind:
- People do look to see if you have a website.
- People expect and value your business having an online presence and without one potential opportunity is lost.
- Just because your office doesn’t have a computer or internet connection, doesn’t mean you don’t need a website.
- Your friend, brother-in-law, child, or customer may be able to create a website for you; however, in most cases they never get around to it or if so, many times it’s a poor representation for your business.
- You don’t have to spend a small fortune for a functional, beneficial and attractive website.
- No, having a Facebook page is not the same as having your own website.
- Even if you’re a contractor or do government contracting, you should still have a site.
- People don’t remember phone numbers anymore; they remember web addresses.
- People do judge you if you don’t have a site. Your legitimacy is in question without one and you’re definitely judged poorly if you have a dated or amiturish one; you’re better off having no site at all at that point.
- Bottom line … you’re missing business if you’re not on board with a website.
OK then … a website it is! Ahhh, don’t you feel better?!
Just do your homework, talk with other business owners who have nice sites, get referrals or better yet, just call WebsitesGiveBack! You’ll be so glad you did!
Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change. – Confucious