Inspiration. Holiday. Advice.
On this day before Thanksgiving, let’s focus on and give ourselves a little bit of appreciation and rest. We have so much to be thankful for. However, for us to be all to others, to give back, to make a difference and to “keep on keepin’ on”; we need to rest, reflect, and rejuvenate. Here are a few very simple things that might help you do just that …
- Don’t check your email or if you must, then limit it to just once or twice for the day.
- Turn OFF your mobile device.
- Stay up late.
- Sleep in.
- Eat that extra piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream and don’t beat yourself up over it.
- Write a Top 5 List of what you’re most thankful for and share it with family at dinner.
- Rent or buy Family Man and watch it Thanksgiving night – a great holiday season opener!
- Talk a walk with loved ones after dinner, even if it’s cold and dark.
- Watch old episodes of a good quality comedy and LAUGH!!
- Roast marshmallows in your fire place.
- Hold hands with your spouse.
- Bake something extra and randomly bring it to a neighbor.
Please feel free to add your comment and add to this list – let’s just build it up! We encourage and appreciate your input and thoughts!
WebsitesGiveBack wishes you and yours a safe, beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving holiday! We’re thankful to be allowed to do what we do and to everyone we meet along the way!
“When despair for the world grows in me, and I wake in the night at the least sound in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be — I go and lie down where the wood drake rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds. I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought or grief. I come into the presence of still water. And I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting with their light. For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.” Wendell Berry quotes