Customer. Gratitude. Thankfulness.
Happy Monday! Being the week of Thanksgiving, it would be nice to keep things light since we’re already in holiday, a few-days-off mode! Here are 10 ways to show thanks and appreciation to your customer not just in this season, but throughout the year!
- Visit people face-to-face when possible to give the most personal thanks. Take them to lunch or bring coffee to them.
- Don’t just go the extra mile, go 10 extra miles to provide fabulous, memorable service … always!
- Make random check-in calls throughout the year just to see how they are and if there’s anything you can do for them.
- Go out of your way to learn something special about your customer, about their family, or perhaps a hobby of theirs or something they collect; and be sure to ask about it and show a genuine interest.
- Return call promptly. This is a great way to show your customer that they matter.
- Always be genuine and sincere (no matter what kind of day you’re having!).
- Always thank customers with each and every order. Slip in something extra in their order or handwrite a personal note on the receipt.
- Show random act of thoughtfulness. Perhaps by sending a book that is inspirational or applies to being an entrepreneur or business owner. Email an article that you think that might be helpful to them or they’d get a kick out of.
- Instead of the standard holiday card, send cards at different, unexpected times of the year. Send Thanksgiving cards or New Year cards or Valentine’s Cards! Be really creative and send Groundhog Day or Fourth of July cards. Your customer won’t forget you!
- The best and always most personal way to show your customer you value them is with a simple, sincere, handwritten Thank-You note! Invest in nice stationary and unique stamps. If you’re handwriting isn’t the best, have someone write it for you while you dictate it.
We can never lose sight of the fact that without our customers we have no business. Thanking them or appreciating them should be so easy and the largest part of what we do outside of providing a superior service or product.
WebsitesGiveBack is always thinking of new ways to give back to our customers and show them just how much they mean to us – we hope they “feel the love”!